Saturday, November 29, 2008

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas

Well, before I get ahead of myself, let me start out with Thanksgiving! We had an excellent Thanksgiving with 28 people (crazy I know)...my mom had to cook two turkeys! But it was really good! :)

Here is a picture of Dave and I on Thanksgiving...I am 21 weeks pregnant. :) I am getting a big ole' belly.



We had another Dr. appt last week (I'll post pictures later) and the baby is measuring right on track...he is measuring 13 ounces and he looks healthy. We were able to see all of his organs functioning (including his kidneys, heart, etc), so that was great news! We can't wait for him to join us! Dave and I were talking about how next Thanksgiving we are going to have a little 7-month old! We're really looking forward to it!

The day after Thanksgiving, I woke up at 5:00 am to go meet up with my mom, sister, and SIL's and we went shopping. It was a lot of fun and I got a lot of Christmas shopping done (I am officially done with all of our Christmas shopping - yeah!). So that was a lot of fun. Between me, my mom, sister, and SIL's; we had my mom's minivan packed full. There was no room left for anything by the end of the day! :)

Today Dave and I went to go pick out our Christmas tree! So that was a lot of fun! My brother, Ben, and his fiance helped us pick up the tree and they came over to watch Elf. Dave and I have made it a tradition to watch this show every year while we put up our Christmas decorations. Anyway, here are a few pictures of our Christmas decorations.



(Sorry, I need to clean my camera lens)

Our cats LOVE the tree. Cody keeps smacking the ornaments around (note: we put only unbrekable ones at the bottom of the tree) and Dave did a good job of taping up the tree holder so our cats can't play around in the water (like they did last year).





We are looking forward to enjoying them and are getting excited for Christmas. We'll be going out to visit Dave's family; which we're really excited about. I hope you all are well.

6 comments:

Mark Davis said...

We had to put unbreakable ornaments on our tree as well. Derek thinks they're balls and likes to throw them.

Rogers Family Blog said...

(Kelli here)LOL, you learn fast with those animals. They can cause a lot of headache.Put your toddler together and the cats, that would do you in. You look so cute:) I am so excited for you guys. Happy holidays! G-ma is doing great hanging out tons with my mom.I guess she'll be seeing you guys soon.

TheBassettBunch said...

You look amazing! You're going to be a great mom! Miss ya!

Jessica said...

We LOVE Elf too! Tell Dave Hi for me- it is so fun to see him in pics!
Your belly is so super cute! It looks like you are doing well...keep blogging- we love it!

J Smiley said...

Bun in the oven!

Erica said...

Even my dog used to climb up in the tree so I am sure cats must think it is real cool. Merry Christmas.

BJ