Monday, February 11, 2008

Pet Updates

Cody got into the paper towels we had in the kitchen. It was so funny because I walked in to him attacking the paper towels & it just made me laugh. I had to interrupt Dave from studying so he could check it out. Our cat always makes us laugh - he is so fun to have around!

Dave cleaned up the paper towels! Other good news - we are getting another cat!!!! We have been debating about this for awhile - our cat, Cody, is really affectionate yet SUPER playful & we just really feel that he needs a buddy! We are gone a lot during the day and so I think it will be good for him to have a playmate. We were originally planning on getting a dog but realize we don't have the time to care for a dog right now. We're just not home enough (but are hoping we'll have more time in the summer).

We went to the Austin Humane Society on Saturday and picked out this adorable 5 mo. old kitten named Maybelline. She reminds us A LOT of Cody. She's SUPER hyper & playful, yet she warmed up to us and was cuddling with us a lot. We are excited to take her home. She's getting fixed today, but I'll be picking her up after work. We are anxious to see how they react to each other!
We are also really glad to be taking her out of the shelter -she's been there for two months and has just had a rough time there. We are happy to be giving her a good & loving home. Dave and I love animals so much - it'll be interesting to see what we end up with. It'll probably be two cats & two dogs. haha.

1 comments:

J Smiley said...

I'm guessing: Three cats, two dogs, and a pig.