Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Camping on the Guadalupe River

We had a great weekend last week! Dave & I went camping with two of his friends from school, Dave 2 (as we call him) & Eric. We drove about 1 hr and 15 minutes to the Guadalupe River. We stayed at a beautiful campground called the K & L Ranch Camp .






Our campsite was RIGHT on the river, which was excellent, especially since it reached the high 90's both Friday & Saturday.


When we got there, Dave & I set up our tent but didn't stake it down (oops!)...when we got back from picking up some ice & firewood we looked around and couldn't find our tent & then noticed IT WAS IN THE RIVER! So poor Eric jumped right in to literally fish it out of the river.



Saturday we woke up & decided to float down the river ... we opted for the 4-hr river float (which turned out to be a lot longer). The river must not be as high as it was last year because we kept hitting huges patches of rock...and the river was very shallow. So, instead of it being a very chill, lay in your tube type of deal, it turned into, "OH CRAP! ... let's just walk our tubes to the end of the river run!" Oh well, it was still fun nevertheless!

2 comments:

Mark Davis said...

That looks like a lot of fun. Too bad about the lack of water. I hope you guys are doing well.

Jaime said...

Aw, the Guadalupe River :) I had so much fun when we went tubing...except the crazy capsizing damn part!!

You guys sound like you are having so much fun. I can't wait to come out and visit again!