Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Yay! Happy 1st Anniversary to us!

We had such an amazing anniversary. I wanted to post sooner but have been so busy lately - catching up at work and home since returning from vacation.

For our Anniversary, we went to dinner at a wonderful restaurant in Austin called Eddie V's. All I can say is WOW. I don't know if it is even remotely possible to have something bad here. Their food is so good! It is a little pricy, but for an anniversary, why not?! :) We had such an amazing meal - I eat some stuff here people would be shocked with (calamari, tuna tar tar)... For dinner Dave got a filet mignon, and I got halibut. YUM.



For dessert (even though we had our yummy cake waiting at home... more to come on that later), they brought us an apple cobbler. Yum, again.



Again, if you haven't been to Eddie V's...do it! (For those of you who love celebrity gossip as much as I do, most recently, this is where Lance Armstrong and Kate Hudson were caught dining). I will definitely be going back (especially since this is the favorite restaraunt of my employers).

OK, now on to the cake.....

Just to remind everyone... this is what our cake looked like on our wedding day (look how beautiful it was)!!!

Also, I know that Jeff did such an AWESOME job wrapping up the top layer of the cake (thanks, Jeff!)..

Here is evidence that he did an awesome wrapping job!




But what did we expect?! We drove this cake 24-hours, over ice, from San Diego to Austin. We let it sit in our freezer for a year and expected it to be good?!!


This is what we saw when we opened up the box!


(Note: Even the flowers were still frozen)!


And here it is... the yummy cake! (haha)








And here it finally is... our heart-shaped (Thanks, Dave) piece of cake:


And no... it was not good..

My advice...buy a backup piece of cake on your anniversary or eat dessert at dinner.

6 comments:

Jaime said...

Aww, happy anniversary!

Funny about your cake. I didn't want to keep ours, but the restaurant where we got married wrapped it up for us anyway and said they would keep if for a few months for when we got back up to Tahoe. Well, we did go back a couple months later and they had accidentally thrown it away! I didn't want the thing in the first place, but I have to admit that i was a little sad that it got tossed. Oh well ;-)

Megan & Chris Lee said...

Haha too funny. I thought our cake was really gross too, but Chris didn't mind it that much (big shock)! I took one bite and threw it away.

J Smiley said...

Congrats on 1 year! Here's to many many more... :)

That cake looked gross... but of course dave ate as much of it as he could. haha.

Erica said...

You know that I love cake, but you couldn't pay me to eat that! Gross. Happy Anniversary! erica

Rogers Family Blog said...

Happy anniversary! It goes fast. I love the cake. Too funny. I miss your family.

the Painters said...

Matt and I went to Eddie V's in Scottsdale for our 1 year anniversary too! It was sooooooo yummy! Ok the cake thing cracked me up. I love it! Seems you two have a lot to laugh about and just really enjoy each others company so much. That is sooooo great! our cake place made a mini replica of our wedding cake for free on our 1 year anniversary. I swear I was waiting for that day for a year and it was just as good as our wedding day cake....sorry.