I am going to make more of an effort to keep everyone updated on what's going on with us. I just finished reading a really great book called "A Thousand Splendid Suns" by Khaled Hosseini. It was a wonderful book - probably as good, if not better, than his first novel "The Kite Runner". He is a great storyteller. It also really made me think about the situation in Iraq (although I am not in agreement with the war) but it really made me feel blessed for living in the U.S. and made me realize how horribly women are treated in several countries. Anyway, if you haven't read it, I highly recommend this book!
My next read is going to be "Devil in the White City", by Erik Larson. I have heard this book is great, too!
As for Dave & I, we are hanging in there! We went to a work-function Friday night - it was a birthday dinner for several people at my office. It was for families of all the co-workers and my co-worker, Stephan, stayed home all day to cook a feast. It was great food & a lot of fun. Dave and I really like hanging out with a lot of them. The bad news is, Monday I came into work and noticed 1/2 the office was out with the flu, and not one hour later I, myself, was running to the bathroom. I ended up home for two days. Good thing Dave hasn't gotten the flu! He has had a very busy week. He had an exam in his Molecular Biology class this morning, so has been busy studying for that. He got a "B" on the first exam in that class so was really hoping to get an "A" on this one. He is doing GREAT in his Cell Biology class, though! On his first exam, he got a "93" when the class average was only "73". Thus, he probably got one of the highest grades in the class. He never ceases to amaze me! He is doing so well in school and this is such a fantastic opportunity for him - it is really great that he can get a PhD and basically have the entire thing paid for and then some!
Dave is in his third lab rotation. After this, he will have to choose which lab he would like to work in permanently (to work on his dissertation). So I think this has been very stressful on him, as he wants to pick the right lab!
Other news, our cats have been sick! :( It is really sad! Our cat, Maybelline, had a cold or something a few days after we brought her home. We took her to the vet and the vet said she would get over it, which she has. But now she passed the cold onto Cody. I took him to the vet the other day because he had some goopy stuff coming out of his eyes and she prescribed an antibiotic for his eyes. However, since we've been putting this stuff in his eyes, he is actually looking worse! His eyes are all red and watery and he can barely keep them open! We feel so bad for him! Our poor cat! I am waiting for a phone call back from the vet - the vet's assistant thinks it may be an allergic reaction. Anyway, we hope he recovers soon because we miss our crazy cat! Right now he is just lethargic and not feeling good at all!
Oh, I also watched a HILARIOUS movie when I was home sick. If you have not seen this movie yet, go watch it! It was soooo funny!
Other news:
Dave & I booked our flights for San Diego for Noah & Keisha's wedding. Their wedding is Saturday, June 21. Dave is a groomsman. He is so excited. They are a GREAT couple. Anyway, we had free tickets (thanks to all those back-and-forth visits before we got married). We will be flying in to San Diego Wed, June 18 at around 10:00 am and leaving Mon, June 23 at about 4:00 pm. We cannot wait to see everyone!
We are also really looking forward to our anniversary trip! We are going to Playa Del Carmen, MX and staying at the Occidental Grand XCaret over Memorial Day weekend. We are so excited! :)
Thursday, March 6, 2008
Books, Movies & Updates
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
Hey Janae! I love a good read, so I am glad you have recommended some. As for your flu and the cats sick, not fun. My fam and I are going to Xcaret too!!! I told Ang to check out your blog.
I can't believe you've been married almost a year! I'll never forget your anniversary since it's Mckenzie's b-day! What a great day.
Why does dave have to mess up the curve?
hahaha
congrats on all that. :)
Ben and I love the changes that you have made to your blog! Erica
Post a Comment