I will have to post some pictures later, but wanted to give updates as to what Dave & I have been up to.
We have been really having a great time with our house. A couple of weeks ago, Dave made me a large raised planter box (which I love)! We went to Lowes and picked out all the wood, and he spent the day cutting, nailing, etc and making me an awesome planter box! I planted basil, oregano, bell peppers and jalepenos in it! I hope they do well! We also have more plans for the yard (which will probably happen in the next couple weeks after Dave's Cell Bio test). So that's pretty exciting! :)




We had a great Easter weekend. It started with a large hiccup. Friday night, on my way home from dinner, my "Check Engine" light came on & my car immediately started to slow down. I had to pull over to the side of the road, call Dave, (who in turn called a tow truck). We waited on the side of the road for about 1 1/2 hrs before a police car came & PUSHED my car with its bumper to an abandoned parking lot. By the time we got my car to the dealership and got home, it was 10:30 pm ...it totally blew our entire night which really angers me because my car is only 1 1/2 yrs old (and only has 20K miles on it). Blah! Well come to find out, the problem with my car is that the computer broke and so it shut off the engine. Anyway, I am glad my car is fixed! It made me realize how annoying it is to be carless - you feel so helpless & almost trapped at places!
On Saturday, since my sister Erica and her husband BJ were here (with their four kids), we all decided to go to Zilker Park. It was such a beautiful day! The weather has been so nice lately - it reminds me of San Diego weather (which I truly miss). Zilker park is such an awesome park! The kids rode the train and I got to watch my cute little nephew, Kyler (he's 4 mo old). It was fun! After the park, we went back up to my parents house for a BBQ - my brother, Jared, had smoked some pork. You would be SO PROUD OF ME - I tried the pork! And it was ok! So yay for me for trying new things! :) We also went in the hot tub and just hung out - which was really nice since it was my grandparent's last weekend in Austin (they are returning to SLC today - it was so nice to have them here & we are really going to miss them)!


Well later that night, Dave & I went to another BBQ (although we didn't eat at this one - too full from the earlier one) for his cow0rkers, which was a lot of fun.
Easter Sunday was a great day & we spent it with my family. I love having family close-by. It was a little chaotic with 7 kids (all under the age of 6) but fun nevertheless! And, it was nice to be with family, especially since Grandma & Grandpa were leaving.



Well I think that somewhat sums it up. I hope you all are well! :)
Tuesday, March 25, 2008
Got to love car problems...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
Fun for the fam. We are glad to have g-ma and g-pa back. Proud of you for trying the pork!
Sounds like a fun time (except for the car), but are you really telling me Dave had no food at the second BBQ? I'm just having a hard time believing that.
Aren't Grandparents wonderful!?! I'm glad you were able to spend some time with them. How's your car doing now? Any more problems? It never ceases to amaze me how much I rely on mine!
Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Notebook, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://notebooks-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.
Janae & Dave,
I love your blog. I'm glad you like camping. You inherited it from your vagabond grandparents.
The pictures of you and the rest of the family are treasures to me.
Grandpa and I love all of you more than words can express.
Grandma Workman
Post a Comment