Sorry I'm so behind with blogging lately! Dave and I have been so busy since returning home from Christmas.
We went to San Diego for Christmas this year and had a wonderful time! :) Before we left, we got to spend a weekend with my family. Dave and I went to Zilker Park to see the Trail of Lights with my parents and grandma. It was beautiful and a lot of fun. It was really crowded! Anyway, here are a few pictures:
A couple days later, we went to my parent's house. My mom cooked a turkey and it felt like Christmas dinner! We were able to celebrate a pre-Christmas with my family before we headed to San Diego. It was really nice to spend some additional time with my grandma before heading out of town.
We draw names for each other in my family (each couple buys for another couple). It is a lot easier (and less expensive) than buying presents for everyone! This year we drew Megan and Chris's names.
Megan liked the sweater we got here (she pretended to be surprised even though she picked it out)!
Here's a picture of Jazzy (isn't she so cute)!?
My grandma, Lucille. I sure do love her. It was great that she came out to spend Christmas with us! :)
We got Chris a drill
My grandma gave us some really cute cat mugs (we love them)!
My parents got their soon-to-be grandson some clothes and a really soft blanket:
This is a really soft bear my grandma got for baby Logan:
A few days later, Dave and I traveled to San Diego to spend Christmas with Dave's family. We had a great time seeing everyone! It was a fantastic Christmas!
We spent Christmas Day at Dave's parent's house. His dad, Roy, cooked a really yummy brunch (and dinner later on ... more of that to follow).
Here are some pictures:
A grill light from his mom and dad (which will be awesome for the grill since our patio is kind of dark):
Ryan's new toy (it's some type of pellet gun):
Solar lights from Ryan:
Dave's mom, Diana:
I was sitting in the comfy chair! :)
Dave loves this Mind Teasers book! He has been solving puzzles ever since he got it!
Dave's dad, Roy:
Dave's grandma, Helen:
A birdfeeder:
Dave's grandma got us some hats to where while we're out in the Texas sunshine (I'm excited to put this to some good use this summer)!
Dave's dad made an INCREDIBLE dinner. He made me a stuffed portabella mushroom for me and prime rib for everyone else. YUM!
Prime Rib:
Portabella Mushroom:
Dave, Ryan and I went to La Jolla to go to the beach (La Jolla Cove)and we got to see the seals. It was a lot of fun (but it was really cold)!
Dave and Ryan:
Dave and I:
Dave's dad took us to the zoo. It was so much fun! I have missed the zoo so much! It was such a fun day! Here are a few pictures of the animals:
The polar bears were playing with each other in the water. I have NEVER seen them this active before. It was so fun to watch!
Lastly, Dave and I got to see Colin before he heads off to Australia. :) Dave and Colin went to UCSD together and both worked in Dr. Doolittle's biology lab. He was married last year to a wonderful girl named Leigh who is from Australia. They will be moving to Australia in March so we are unsure when we will see them again. It was great to see Colin (Leigh was sick) before they head out of the states.
I wanted to show you a picture of the gingerbread house I made this year!
I hope you all had a great Christmas!!!! :)
Monday, January 12, 2009
Christmas 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment