Dave and I have been really busy getting things together for our little one, Logan, who will be joining our family in only about 13 more weeks. We have been busy getting his nursery together. This was a really busy weekend - we had to clean out the closet to Logan's nursery (and we cleaned out the closet for the other guestroom, as well). We had boxes in there from a year ago that we never unpacked from moving into our house a year ago!
We have been collecting some stuff for him, including a dresser which we just finished repainting. We bought this off of Craigslist a few weeks ago. It was a really shiny light wood (which I didn't like)! We repainted it white and stained the knobs with shiny silver spraypaint. It was a big project but saved us so much money to buy this used!
I wish I had taken a picture of the before, but here is the after (and finished) dresser!
We are currently working on refinishing a glider we found off Craigslist...it has been a lot of work. I'll show you that when it's done!
For his room, we now just have to get the room painted (which Dave is going to do) and my mom is going to paint some animals to match the baby's bedding on the walls. She is also buying our crib (thanks Mom!) in white to match our furniture. It's coming together!
One last project that we're really proud of are the letters Dave and I made for Logan's nursery. We went to Michaels and found each letter and the animals (already painted)! We just had to decoupage the scrapbooking paper to each letter, go around the edges with an exacto knife and and stick an animal to each letter with a hot glue gun. We did the letters for less than $5.00 each (total) and I think they turned out pretty cute!
We are getting excited to meet our son! He has been growing a lot and has been kicking and moving around like crazy! It is so much fun to feel him inside of me! Dave has finally been able to feel him moving around when he puts his hand on my belly. It's really fun! We are getting so excited!
Monday, January 12, 2009
Getting things together for Baby Logan!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
Janae you are so creative!!
Janae you are so creative!!
Good job on the craigs list findings!
The stuff looks great
We are excited for you guys. Are you doing any classes or anything?
BJ
Looks great! The time is getting so close. I can't wait!
Post a Comment