I am a little over 31 weeks today! Where has the time gone?! Logan is growing so fast! According to the book Dave & I have been reading weekly, Your Pregnancy Week by Week, Logan is roughly 3.5 pounds and is roughly 18 inches in length! I can sure feel that he is getting big, too! Over the past several weeks I feel him squirming and kicking around all the time. It’s been especially fun to let Dave feel this. He can just put his hand on my belly and feel Logan kicking me. I think it’s been a lot of fun for him to experience this because it makes it more real for him.
I am also happy to report that Logan’s nursery is almost finished!!! This has been a HUGE task as Dave and I were on a strict budget for his room. Because of this, we bought a lot of used items that we refinished. The hardest thing that I worked on was the glider. It took me over two months (weekends only) to finish the glider but I am really pleased with the outcome! It was a dark espresso wood color when we purchased it off Craigslist. We spent a lot of time sanding it down and then applying primer and paint. The last few weeks, since Dave has been so busy with school, I had to work on this by myself and so I’m just happy to have it done!
Dave also got to paint Logan’s room (since I’m not supposed to paint anywhere where there is poor ventilation). I think he did a really good job! My parents bought Logan his crib – which was super nice of them. It will later convert into both a toddler bed and a full size bed. So that’s pretty neat! My mom is also going to paint a couple of large paintings to match the bedding we have picked out. I think it’s going to look so cute!
Here are some pictures of his nursery so far (it still needs to be decorated):
So Logan is due in roughly 9 more weeks, but he could come as early as 6 more weeks (I will be full term at 37 weeks) or he could come later than my due date. I believe my doctor will induce labor if he hasn’t come around his 41st week. I really want to try to avoid getting an induction because I’ve read that it increases your chances of having to have a C-section – something I want to try to avoid if I can. So we’ll see how this all plays out!
We start our Preparations for Childbirth class in the next week – it’s a 12-hour course that will just prepare both Dave and I for the whole process. I’m really looking forward to the class to get a better understanding of the whole process – and to also have that time with Dave to bond and prepare for our child. We are getting so excited to meet him and it’s really been fun to discuss what we think he is going to be like.
Other than that, all is going well in the Busch household. Dave has his most miserably difficult semester so far – he is working on his preliminaries (which basically will allow him to stay in the PhD program). He has got to pass these. For the past several weeks he has been occupied coming up with two different projects/topics that he’d like to research this semester. This was very hard for him to do because he had to research in areas he is unfamiliar with and couldn’t seek outside assistance. He just turned in the two topics he chose and on Friday, he will find out which topic the program has chosen for him to research. He will then have one month to gain enough research to write a thesis on it and he will then have to present it to a committee. He will be doing this around the same time that Logan is due – so please pray for us that everything works out and that he is able to finish this before Logan’s arrival!
Last weekend Dave's cousin, Chelsea, came through Austin with her boyfriend, Alistair(they are moving from NYC to LA). His other cousin, Whitney, also lives in San Marcos so she came up and we all went to dinner! It was a lot of fun! Dave hadn't seen his cousin Whitney for about 8 years and we hadn't seen Chelsea since our wedding. It was so nice to catch up. :)
One last thing to post... last week Dave accidentally locked the cat in the bathroom while we went to work and this is what I came home to:
Needless to say, that wasn't very fun to clean up!!!
I hope you all are well!
Tuesday, February 10, 2009
31 weeks down...around 9 to go...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
The room looks great! I love the glider and the bedding. So cute! I am glad to have you a few months ahead of me so I know when I need to get things done ;-) We are working on the "new" guest room to make room for the baby room. It's a lot of work, but fun!
Oh my gosh! I cannot believe the cat! Just wait til the babe comes and the cat is jealous:).
You look great, Janae. It is count down time. I am so excited.
I tagged you Janae, look on my blog and answer the questions, Please, cousin? Love ya!
I love Logan's room! That green looks awesome in there! I like his crib too, maybe I will get two of those. I'm really excited for you guys! Get used to cleaning up messes, what your cat did is NOTHING compared to what a kid can do!
Post a Comment